The ESD Competence Centre consults with an advisory board on professional and strategic issues. Experts from science and politics provide external input on the project.
The advisory board meets once or twice annually and supports the ESD Competence Centre with external expertise on its activities and strategic issues.
The advisoray board consists of representatives of
- the Expert Forum on Local Authorities and the Partner Forum (which are both part of Germany's NAP ESD implementation structures),
- the Association of German Cities,
- the German Association of Towns and Municipalities,
- the German County Association,
- the Netzwerk Stiftungen und Bildung,
- the Service Agency Communities in One World,
- the Youth Panel for ESD (youpaN),
- the Regional Hubs for Sustainability Strategies (RENN),
- BUND (Friends of the Earth Germany)
- and the field of science.
There are also seats held by representatives of the cities of Munich, Leipzig and Osnabrück, municipalities that have accompanied the development of the ESD Competence Centre from the start. Together, they constitute an impressive body with a broad range of scientific and practical experience and expertise in ESD in municipal settings and provide the ESD Competence Centre with input to guide its work.